Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Race for the Cure

The Race for the Cure is coming so quickly! May 8th, Mother's Day weekend. :) This is something that our family looks forward to every year. We all race in celebration of Wendy. Wendy is our MOM, YaYa, Aunt, Sister and Friend.
I am so grateful that we get this opportunity once a year along with thousands of others to celebrate and remember those who we love who battle this craziness.
I LOVE the chills, the smiles and the overwhelming emotions as we do this walk. There is a spirit at this place that is totally unavoidable and you can't help but smile and tear up all at the same time.
This year is YaYa's 5 year celebratory walk and I am so excited! I am excited that I have a son who knows and LOVES YaYa. I am excited for a YaYa that takes really good care of her self and goes to the doctor as she is suppose to, to make sure she stays in the clear and I am excited to walk with a family that is in great support to her.
Congratulations YaYa. We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment