Monday, September 27, 2010

CHILDHOOD FOOD....


What is that one food that you make or would like to be able to make that reminds you of your childhood?
Mine is, rice pudding. I have wanted to make this recipe for a very long time and finally on a day off last week took the time to do so and it was PERFECT! Just the memory I was looking for.
This memory brings me to my Dad standing at the stove in his apron mixing all the ingredients, that seemed to be so precise.
Have you ever watched the movie Ratioulle? Rotioulle the mouse always had so much passion when cooking, making every pinch, every cup, every, everything so perfect. This for some reason is the way I always picture my Dad making rice pudding. It always seemed he made it with such a passion and I believe that cause it was always PREFECT!
When it was done, he would scoop us a hot bowl with a little bit of canned milk over the top. (When Dad wasn't looking we would try our hardest to sneak the canned milk cause he was always very stingy with how much he would let us have, the thing is it always added that extra bit of perfectness.)
I was delighted when finishing this recipe to taste it and have it taste just the way I remembered. Thanks Dad for the good memories that homemade rice pudding brings to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment