Sunday, September 5, 2010

POttY TrAinINg Day 2

I could not be happier with the way this whole potty training experience is coming right along. Tre' is a ROCK STAR no doubt! I think he was ready to be "big" like his other cousins who have been so patient with all the watching Tre' has been doing while they show how "big" they are going potty.
This morning he woke up dry, and a few minutes let us know that it was time to go potty.(Loving that and hoping for the same results for tomorrow morning as well.)
We had one accident this morning while Paul was at church and that was because we were playing outside. I had not gone over still needing to be aware when it's time to go potty even when we are playing. Once we went over that, he was money. No more accidents for the rest of the day!
I am very persistent with my "Remember to tell mommy when you need to go potty" and I think that has made the biggest difference. It's is becoming ingrained in my sweet boys head.
We went to family dinner tonight. I was a bit nervous for a few reasons, one, he had not been in anything but underwear and a t-shirt for the past 2 days. I was feeling afraid that I was not going to know if he had an accident because of the extra layer but once I reminded myself that i would see a wet spot, perhaps disgust on Tre''s face or, if it was enough, the same puddle that would have showed up even with just the underwear on, I was ready. I am glad that I walked myself through the little things that were not going to be a big deal because he wanted nothing more than to get away from me and the house.
Second was, the fear of him getting to caught up in playing. That was nothing. I still followed him everywhere and reminded him to tell me when he need to go.
AHHHHH, I know there are going to be some kind of struggles and accidents in the future but I could not have asked for him to be more successful. He really is a BOG BOY and I am so proud of him.
Tomorrow is our last day of official training so I''' be back tomorrow. :)




Thanks Auntie Sara for being so excited to hear Tre''s news when he called this morning. Also, thank you to all of our family who is being so supportive through all of this. We love the praise and love that you show him. it means A LOT to Paul and I as well as Tre'. This is sicha big step in Tre''s life and I am happy that I get to be the teacher and have so much help and love from all of you.

1 comment:

  1. Jene! It was so good to see you guys for the BBQ. Seriously. And I just realized we may not be able to do Sept 10 - we may have a Bishopric BBQ that day, I'll double check with Anthony though.

    Anyway - I'm totally interested in that PDF you have for the potty training. You're a brave woman. :)

    Oh, and this is my food blog website you were wondering about: www.eatyourveggiespeas.blogspot.com

    'Til our next BBQ! :)

    ReplyDelete